Year 1 Confirmation Program
The confirmation Year 1 program typically begins in the fall of a candidates 9th grade year of High School. However, a candidate may still begin the program during later years of High School if they did not begin in 9th grade.
The main focus of Year 1 Confirmation Preparation at St. Pius X is to integrate candidates into the life of the parish. Mainly self-directed, the program is designed to run in conjunction with High School Youth Ministry (HSYM), our parish Faith Formation for high school youth in grades 9-12, and various other parish events and activities. We encourage all 9th grade students to sign up today!
FAQs & Confirmation Year 1 Requirements
When can I register for Confirmation Year 1?
Registration for the 2023-204 Year 1 Program Confirmation is now OPEN!
Registration closes on Friday, September 8th, 2023. For questions about registration or other information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the 2023-2024 Year 1 Program Requirements?
1. Candidates will be keeping a “Reflection Journal” that requires them to provide personal insight on different aspects of the St. Pius X community. Candidates are required to attend, participate, and reflect on:
- Four Masses: any masses held at St. Pius X Church, including Sunday masses, Holy Days and Feast Days.
- Two HSYM nights: High School Youth Ministry meets the 1st and 3rd TUESDAY of each month from 6:30-8:00pm in the “Upper Room” of the Parish Life Center (A copy of our High School Youth Ministry schedule can be found below).
- Two Parish Events: Parish events are activities that don’t fall into any of the other categories, examples are: Festive Friday, Reconciliation, Stations of the Cross or We Got Ya Wednesday.
2. Complete 10 hours of service. Candidates are required to complete 5 hours of in-church service, and 5 hours of service in a realm of their choosing. Candidates will complete a service log to submit upon completion, along with 1 reflection journal summarizing their service experience.
3. Candidates are required to attend 2 predetermined “Comeback Nights,” at High School Youth Ministry. These two dates are Tuesday, October 17th, 2023, and Tuesday, March 19th, 2024. Both meetings will take place from 6:30-8:00pm in the Upper Room of the Parish Life Center. If a candidate cannot make these “Comeback Nights,” please reach out to email@example.com to make up the class.
4. Candidates are required to attend one retreat during the 2 year program. The retreat during the 2023-2024 school year will be held at St. Pius X on Saturday, November 4th, from 12:00-6:00pm. Registration will open in October.
5. Candidates are required to schedule a meet & greet with our Youth Ministry and Confirmation Coordinator, Josh Kay. Both the parent and candidate are required to attend. Sign ups for 2023-2024 will begin in September.
Students looking to to begin their 2023-2024 Year 1 Program requirements can begin on September 10th, 2023.
How do I complete my online journal reflections?
High School Youth Ministry Reflections
Parish Event Reflections
Service Log & Reflection Submission
Students looking to to begin their online reflections for the 2023-2024 Year 1 Program can begin on September 10th, 2023.
How do I sign up for a meet & greet with the Youth Ministry Coordinator?
Candidates are required to schedule a meet & greet with our Youth Ministry and Confirmation Coordinator, Josh Kay. Both the parent and candidate are required to attend. Sign ups for 2023-2024 will begin in September.
How do I fulfill the retreat requirement?
Candidates are required to attend one retreat during the 2 year program. The retreat during the 2023-2024 school year was held at St. Pius X on Saturday, November 4th, from 12 – 6pm.
Registration for the retreat will open in October.