Thank you for choosing to take your Lenten Journey with St. Pius X! This is your one-stop shop for all things-Lent in the coming weeks. We encourage you to invite someone new to our parish for any of our upcoming masses and services.
Stations of the Cross
Stations of the Cross will take place each Friday in the church. Please see the schedule below!
March 28th: 7pm
Also known as Reconciliation or Confession
Many parishioners find that Lent is a great time to ask for God’s forgiveness, especially if they haven’t in a while.
We will have several priests on site to walk you through the Sacrament of Reconciliation on March 28th. Prayer memorization is never required. We can’t emphasize enough: this is nothing to be nervous about!
If you’re unsure of what sins to confess, take a look at our Examination of Conscience below for reflection.
Holy Thursday: April 6th
Mass Time: 5:30pm, followed by Holy Thursday Dinner
Each year at our Holy Thursday Mass, we wash the feet of parishioners just as Jesus washed the Disciple’s. After mass, we’ll head down to the Parish Hall for our Potluck Holy Thursday Dinner.
If you’d like to attend, we ask that you bring one of the following dishes to feed 6-8 people in a disposable pan: salad, meat dish, pasta, veggie dish. Please do not bring a dessert. Click below to register!
What to Expect at Holy Thursday
Many people say Holy Thursday is their favorite liturgy in Holy Week. At the beginning of Mass, we welcome the holy Oils that will be used in our parish for the coming year (oil of catechumen, oil of the sick, and sacred chrism). There are three themes associated with this liturgy and reflected in the readings – institution of the Eucharist, institution of the Priest-hood, and the call to service (represented by the washing of the feet of 12 parishioners). Following communion, we process the Blessed Sacrament to the chapel and blow our all the candles on the altar (in preparation for Good Friday). Following the Mass, we have our Holy Thursday Dinner in the Parish Hall. Adoration in the chapel continues until 10pm when we close with evening prayer.
Duration of this service: approximately 65 minutes.
Good Friday: April 7th
Stations of the Cross: 12:10pm
Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion: 6pm
What to Expect at Good Friday
- Stations of the Cross at 12:10pm (church was ¾ full last year). We enter into the passion and death of our Lord by reciting the Stations of the Cross as once prayed by St. Pope John Paul II. These stations are particularly powerful as we become one with Jesus on this reflective day.
- Duration of Stations of the Cross: 40 minutes
- Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at 6pm (church was 2/3 full last year). Good Friday is the only day of the year we do not celebrate Mass. We begin this liturgy in silence and it has three parts. First, is the reading of the passion according to John’s gospel (different reading than Palm Sunday). Second, is the veneration of the cross (we all kiss the cross of Christ). Third, is receiving Holy Communion (we consecrate enough hosts at the Holy Thursday Mass for this liturgy). We depart in silence.
Duration of this liturgy: approximately 70 minutes.
Holy Saturday: April 8th
Easter Vigil Mass: 7pm
What to Expect at Holy Saturday
- Easter Vigil Mass at 7pm (church was ¾ full last year). This is the most beautiful liturgy we do all year. We begin with the Easter fire in the church, light the Paschal (Easter) candle, and all parishioners light their candles. We listen to three of the most beautiful readings in the bible before listening to the resurrection story of Jesus. We renew our baptismal promises and welcome into our church four new adults.
Duration of this mass: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Easter Sunday: April 9th
Easter Mass Schedule: 8am, 10am, 12pm
What to Expect at Easter Sunday
- We celebrate the Risen Lord at three masses on Easter Sunday. Overflow seating will be available as listed below. We will bring communion to those in the overflow sections
- 8am Mass: church was 7/8 full last year. Overflow seating will be available in the Chapel
- 10am Mass: all seats in the church were filled by 9:45am last year. There will be overflow seating available in the Chapel and Upper Room
- 12pm Mass: church was ¾ full last year. Overflow seating will be available in the Chapel.